Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Publicity and Sales

Yesterday morning Jan Gardner of the Boston Globe's book section interviewed me about BiblioExpeditions -- I don't know when her column will run though. Then last night I had a great conversation in my University Without Walls class, at UMass, about how I ought to publicize this trip to Boston. Apparently I can with impunity post flyers in bulletin boards all over campus, and leave flyers in faculty mailboxes! What's more I can propose these tours as Continuing Education courses! However the soonest that one could be included in the published course catalog would be next Winter. One of my classmates, Marcy, said that there used to be a very popular Continuing Ed class in which an art historian took busloads of people to Boston to go to art museums, and the buses sold out as soon as they were promoted.

All of which said, I now have enough detail about itinerary and style of promotion that I'd better design the darned flyer and start selling these tickets. Else I may be going to Boston in an empty 57-seat bus.

1 comment:

Larry Portzline said...

Excellent news about the Globe, Andy. Keep us posted!